National Open House Weekend is Right Around the Corner!
Yes, you heard right...the National Association of REALTORS is sponsoring a National Open House Weekend June 4-5. If you have a home to sell this spring, there's still time to jump on the bandwagon and get your home "open house ready". And if you are a buyer, what a great time to really see a broad range of homes for sale in your community.Don't miss this fantastic opportunity on either side!
So, as a homeseller, how can you take advantage of this event? Here are some tips from the Illinois Association of REALTORS.
- Think curb appeal - Buyers will be seeing a lot of homes, make sure yours is the one that catches their eye. Trim your lawn and bushes, plant some flowers, put away the yard tools and toys
- Make minor repairs - Fix that squeaky door, repair broken knobs and hinges, replace burned-out light bulbs. A home that looks well-cared for is more attractive
- Clear out the clutter - Weed out the knickknacks, remove excess furniture, throw out the clutter or consider putting some things in storage
- Clean up - Look at your home through the buyer's eyes. You don't want the one thing they remember to be the dirt. Clean windows, floors and appliances
- Get rid of lingering pet odors. You may love Fido, but potential buyers, not so much
- Clean your carpets and if you have time, put on a new coat of paint to freshen things up
- Get the word out - Your REALTORS will place signs, but make sure your friends and neighbors know you'll be having an open house. It can be beneficial to have more homes shown in your neighborhood. More open houses = more traffic, benefiting you as well.
If you'd like more information on this upcoming event, please visit http://www.yourillinoishome.com/openhouseweekend.htm